Sunday, February 18, 2018

Austrian crocodile

The ÖBB class 1020 was the local designation of the German E94 class, a Co-Co type. After WW2, 44 of them were on Austrian territory and in 1952-1954 the ÖBB created a further 3 from parts for unfinished examples.

From 1967 to 1980, except for the latter 3, they were modernized and received, among other things, two rubber-fixed front windows (originally there were three narrow ones), permanent headlamp tail lamps on the end-bodies and jet fan grilles in them.

From 1970 they were also repainted in orange instead of fir green. In 1995, the last locomotives of this series were retired.

This one has a class 1110 behind it.

No comments: