B10, as it is named, is seen here with a train of the Oamaru Steam and Rail Group museum operation.
It was built by Hudswell Clarke in 1924 for Armstrong, Whitworth of Tauranga for the construction of the Waihi to Tauranga section of the East Coast Main Trunk. In 1930 it was was sold to Milburn Lime and Cement, south of Dunedin, where it worked until 1967 when it was sold to Waitaki NZ Refrigerating’s Pukeuri Freezing Works.
In 1989 Oamaru Steam and Rail swapped ex-NZR Dsa diesels 234 and 218 for B10. (Oamaru Mail pic)